your password has been reset successfully, Please login again.

Coca Cola will buy Horlicks, GSK consumer stock rises

The GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare stock rose in early trade. It has been gaining for the last two days
BY BEx Bureau
BusinessEx
Jun 27, 2018

According to a report in The Economic Times, Coca Cola has mandated Citi to help them in the competitive bidding process expected to be launched next week to buy the manufacturer of famous brand Horlicks.

Consumer healthcare products of GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare include Horlicks, Boost, and Maltova among others.

The GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare stock rose in early trade amid a report that global soft drinks behemoth Coca Cola was planning to buy the former's consumer nutrition business.

The stock opened at 6,077 levelson BSE today. It closed at 6240 level, a rise of 2.73% on the BSE.

It has been gaining for the last two days and has risen 6.97% during the period.

It has risen 20.06% during the last one year and is down 1.50% since the beginning of this year.

Nestle, Danone and HUL among other firms are also eyeing GlaxoSmithKline's consumer nutrition business.

The maker of Thums Up, Minute Maid juice and Kinley water has moved its focus to launches in the 'healthier' space including no-sugar variants of Coke, Sprite and Thums Up, Vio dairy drink, Zico coconut water, Aquarius fortified water, Fuze iced tea, glucose and fruit juice drink Aquarius Glucocharge and Minute Maid Vitingo for micronutrient deficiency and malnutrition.

Beverage company Coca-Cola was incorporated on September 5, 1919. The firm owns or licenses and markets non-alcoholic beverage brands, primarily sparkling beverages and a range of still beverages, such as waters, flavoured waters and enhanced waters, juices and juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, sports drinks, dairy and energy drinks.

The company's non-alcoholic beverage brands include Minute Maid, Aquarius, Diet Coke/Coca-Cola Light, Georgia, Minute Maid Pulpy, Gold Peak, Coca-Cola Zero, Powerade, Dasani, FUZE TEA, Fanta, Del Valle, Simply, Glaceau Smartwater, Sprite, Schweppes, Glaceau Vitaminwater and Ice Dew.

The Atlanta-based firm competes with PepsiCo Inc, Nestle, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Groupe Danone, Mondelez International, The Kraft Heinz Company, Suntory Beverage Food Limited and Unilever.

Please add your Comment
SIMILAR News
September 24, 2018
Tata Steel will pay $595-650 million for Usha Martin's steel business in cash. ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 22, 2018
The startup is planning to use the funds to primarily expand operations. ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 21, 2018
Atman's Founder Chinmay Mirji will join Bengaluru office of HSA as a partner. ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 21, 2018
In the first year of the partnership, Torino Motors will open 40 exclusive stores for TVS Motor in M ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 20, 2018
Samara Capital is acquiring 51% stake while the remaining 49% would be acquired by Amazon. ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 20, 2018
With this acquisition, Jain Irrigation's water management technology product offerings will expand. ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 18, 2018
Walmart-owned Flipkart is in talks to acquire a stake in Hotstar, Star India’s video streaming servi ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 18, 2018
UberEats has tied-up with Tata AIG for offering comprehensive insurance covers to its delivery execu ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 17, 2018
Fluido is the second entity which will be acquired under the leadership of Salil Parekh. ...More
By Ritu Marya
September 14, 2018
The move will ramp up its online grocery business in Mexico and Chile. ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 13, 2018
The raised funds will be used to build the brand, expand distribution, and increase product offering ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta
September 12, 2018
It is an all-cash deal, however, the company has not disclosed the financial details of the transact ...More
By Vaishnavi Gupta