Bank of Baroda, an Indian multi-national public sector bank, has begun catering daycare facility to its employees children. By launching the daycare facility, BOB has become the first bank amid public sector banks to offer this facility.
The bank was first initiated the crche facility in its Mumbai office in Bandra Kurla Complex, wherein over 1500 employees of the bank reside. After assessing the positive outcomes of the company, the bank decides on to initiate the daycare facility in Vadodara as well, as reported by the Indian daily news, The Economic Times.
In essence, the bank was taken this initiative in order to facilitate the employees and reduce their stress to find out the right daycare centres for children of the age group 0.6-6 years. Under this new initiative, the bank will be bearing 60 per cent of the cost whilst the employees will bear remaining 40 per cent cost, said Papia Sengupta, Executive director of BOB, as reported by the Indian daily news, The Economic Times.
Sengupta added that the bank aims to form a professional environment for female working women through this new policy.
We are open to evaluating the feasibility of introducing this facility in other metros and major locations, said Papia Sengupta, as reported the Indian daily news, The Economic Times.
The public sector bank, BOB, employs over 55,000 employees across India, has linked with Klay Prep School and Daycare to cater this facility to the employees.