Why you should start food business?
In India, food is one of the things which can never go out of demand. The population here is carved for good food. You can see a food business on every corner of urban cities in this country. Starting a business is a good idea as it involves small investment and better returns. The main factor that helps food business to be successful is the location so make sure that wherever you plan to start the business, it must be in the prime location.
It is the best time to start a food business as the technology is also helping these businesses to grow. The online food market is witnessing exponential growth and helping food businesses to expand their business and reach out to more consumers. FoodPanda, Zomato, Swiggy, etc are some of the big players catering in online food delivery market.
You will find myriad business opportunities in this industry and already run business so it is better than you buy an established business rather than starting a new one. Through online networking portals like BusinessEx you can explore various business opportunities available for sale in the food industry.
Food Industry Statistics
- India’s food and beverage industry are projected to reach $46 billion by 2020 from $20 billion in 2015, as per Statista report.
- As per IBEF report, the Indian food and grocery market are the world’s sixth largest in which retail is contributing 70 per cent of the sales. India’s food processing industry accounts for 32 per cent of the total food market. Indian foodservice market is estimated to reach $78 billion by 2018.
- The food brands are expanding their operations through franchising.
4 food business opportunities
Here are four common business opportunities that are doing great in this competitive environment.
You can buy a bakery business and you will know in advance whether there is demand for it or not. It is not difficult to run this business as you either need to know how to cook or hire someone. This business opportunity is worth investing as people celebrate their special times at these places. You did not need much investment to start this business.
In tier I and tier II cities people often go to restaurants to eat at the decent place. It is so common now and the population in India is increasing so does the demand for restaurants. If you are planning to buy a restaurant then make sure that you buy one in a prime location and as soon as possible.
A cafe is similar to the restaurant but this place is more preferred by the younger generation. The thing that makes it different is the environment, music, food, etc. This business opportunity is trending now so it’s better to invest in this if you want to attract more customers.
Ice-cream and dessert shop
In urban cities, the demand for dessert and ice-cream shop is rising. The new trend in the food market is waffle stores and ice-cream stores. These places have gained a lot of attention from Indian consumer so starting this business is a great idea.
In the food industry, you will find myriad business opportunities to buy or to invest in so make sure that you make your decision as soon as possible. To help you out in finding the right business opportunity there are online networking portals like BusinessEx.
More from Akshay Arora
- July 11, 20173 Min Read
- January 10, 20183 Min Read
- January 17, 20183 Min Read
- January 18, 20183 Min Read
- January 20, 20183 Min Read
- January 22, 20183 Min Read
- January 23, 20183 Min Read
- January 24, 20183 Min Read
- January 29, 20183 Min Read
- January 30, 20183 Min Read
- January 31, 20183 Min Read
- February 01, 20183 Min Read
Recommended for you
- May 17, 2021
- May 10, 2021
- May 03, 2021