Present Outlook Of The Ayurvedic Industry
The changing lifestyle and hectic work schedules have substantially altered the human anatomy. Massive changes are manifested in the food choices, daily routine and disproportionate weight gain. This, in turn, is affecting the digestive system of the body and begetting poor digestion in individuals. Causes of the indigestion are not merely abnormal eating habits or unhealthy food choices but also poor lifestyle as well as lack of exercise. Boosting the body mechanism is imperative for a healthier life. However, lack of time is taking away all the precursors which are essential for good digestion.
When the individual traces the problem in the digestion system, then he seeks for home remedies to cure indigestion. If the digestive problem does not get treated, then a visit to the physician comes out as the only option. Nowadays, allopathic medicines are vastly prescribed and consumed, owing to which, the medical condition gets cured momentarily and arises again after a short span of time.
In order to uproot the disease, the consumers should take ayurvedic medicines. Ayurvedic medicines do not have a side effect like the allopathic medicines and are composed of organic products. Furthermore, the ayurvedic medicines are effective in treating sensitive areas in the anatomy.
State Of The Indian Ayurvedic Industry
The increasing awareness about usage of ayurvedic products has increased the number of consumers who are opting for the organically processed products over allopathic medicines. TechSci research states, “India Ayurvedic Products Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2011 - 2021”, India Ayurvedic products market is projected to register a CAGR of 16% during 2016-2021. Introduction of Ayurvedic nutraceuticals & dietary supplements as well as Ayurvedic cosmetics & skin care products is likely to boost the market over the next five years. Moreover, rising health concerns and awareness of side-effects of allopathy are few of the major factors driving consumer preference for Ayurvedic products in the country. A rising number of exclusive showrooms and increasing availability of Ayurvedic products at multi-branded stores is also boosting sales of Ayurvedic products in the country.”
Seeing the benefits of the ayurvedic products, the government is taking initiatives to expand the ayurvedic market through awareness programs and educative programs.
Contributions by Ayurvedic Companies in Elevating Indian Economy
The ayurvedic industry has various emerging companies which have positively contributed to society. The companies in the ayurvedic industry have outgrown in a short span and cured the ailments in an effective way. Some of the companies are mentioned below.
- Patanjali Ayurveda- The company initiated a few years back and in a short span, become a renowned name in the ayurvedic industry. It has “Patanjali Stores” nationwide, wherein top-notch organic products are available at reasonable stores. Owing to the cheap price and increased relief, people have started trusting the brand.
To surveil the product quality, “the Divya Yog Mandir Trust and Patanjali Yog Peeth grow many endangered herbs on its farmland.” ( Patanjali Website)
- Himalaya- The company is one of the oldest companies in the ayurvedic industry. It got initiated in the 1930s and since then, purveying good quality products to the consumers. In the nascent stage of the ayurvedic industry, when there were less renowned companies in the industry. The founder of the company firmly believed in his ideology and built the foundation, thinking that the masses will easily adopt herbal medicines in daily lives. Currently, “Himalaya operates in over 90 countries, their products are prescribed by 400,000 doctors worldwide, and millions of customers trust us for their health and personal care needs.” (Himalaya website)
More from Jaspreet Kaur
- July 11, 20173 Min Read
- January 10, 20183 Min Read
- January 17, 20183 Min Read
- January 18, 20183 Min Read
- January 20, 20183 Min Read
- January 22, 20183 Min Read
- January 23, 20183 Min Read
- January 24, 20183 Min Read
- January 29, 20183 Min Read
- February 05, 20183 Min Read
- February 06, 20183 Min Read
- February 09, 20183 Min Read
Recommended for you
- May 07, 2021
- April 16, 2021
- April 05, 2021