How Salesforce is Helping Bolster Indian Tech Segment by Training New Gen
- BY Jaspreet Kaur
Feature Writer, BusinessEx
- Dec 23,2019
- 16 Mins Read
Salesforce, which is a leading firm in client relationship management (CRM), has lately proclaimed to train 250,000 Indian students for job opportunities in the tech field by 2022. The company has separately inked Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) along with Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK), ICT Academy and ICT Academy of Kerala (ICTAK), according to Press Trust of India (PTI).
Through these deals, the CRM giant will bring its free online learning virtual platform, Trailhead into the classroom. Trailhead will, in turn, help students in upgrading their skill set by learning through gamified content as well as overcoming challenges.
“Embracing India’s enviable workforce, we believe it is our responsibility to create jobs, reskill workers and help them succeed. As India becomes one of the youngest countries in the world, rapid innovation and adoption of emerging technologies such as IoT and AI are changing the ways we live and work. While companies embrace this change, there is a constant need for a savvy workforce that is prepared to tackle challenges unique to our digital age. We believe Trailhead can transform lives, nurture careers and make an impact on the growing Salesforce economy,” Sunil Jose, Senior Vice President and Country Leader at Salesforce India, said.
Meeting the Latest Requirements of Tech Jobs
According to IDC’s study, Salesforce will generate 548,400 direct vacancies and $67 billion in new business revenues in the country between 2019 and 2024. With the virtual learning platform, Trailhead, anyone, irrespective of their age, gender or socio-economic background, can help sharpen skills that can assist in securing a high-demand job opportunity in tech, within and across Salesforce’s nexus.
As a part of transactions, the CRM giant will perform several functions, which are as follows:
- By collaborating with ICT Academy, which is a government initiative, Salesforce will train more than 500 educators through Trailhead. Later on, those trained educators will school more than 150,000 students in the coming three years, from 200 member institutes across the country. The partnership will also form and nurture 20 student groups.
- With the existing association with the ICT Academy of Kerala, the global giant will also run a unique initiative, Skills Delivery Platform Kerala (SDPK) concentrated on initiating a state-of-the-art e-learning network. In a pilot initiative, the giant will reach engineering students from 75 colleges affecting more than 25,000 students in one year.
- The collaboration with TASK will reach to 50 organizations in the province of Telangana and 100 educators training 75,000 students over the coming three years while forming and marketing more than 20 student groups to be a component of the Trailblazer community.
The global giant will strategize, form and implement each of these programs for students, rendering aid required to its partners for training to meet the program aims. Additionally, ‘train the trainer’ program will assist educators with appropriate content to drive effective training while helping them create a fortified nexus of industry experts. The company will bring job recruitment opportunities to trained students to increase the employment rate.
“Trailhead’s mission is to democratize education and make learning accessible to all. With more than 1.8 million Trailblazers already skilling up on our platform, we’re excited to partner with ICT Academy, ICT Academy of Kerala, and the Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge to empower even more learners with the tools to skill up for the jobs of tomorrow,” Kris Lande, VP of Trailhead Marketing and Trailblazer Relations, Salesforce, said.
“The opportunity that Salesforce offers is immense, the community is huge and growing exponentially. Needless to say, ICT Academy has been the pioneer and leader in developing the skills of students in emerging technologies among its 800+ member institutions across India. Additionally, the interest we’ve seen from students has been phenomenal, the fun and ease of using the Trailhead platform have students keen to learn more. We are delighted to extend our relationship with Salesforce providing access to all our member institutes through this partnership,” M Sivakumar, Chief Executive Officer, ICT Academy said.
Trailhead, which is administered by Salesforce, is a free virtual learning platform that aids in improving one's skills. It reduces all types of obstructions such as gender, ethnicity, socio-economic backdrop, and education level, to join the future workforce having access to more than 700 badges ranging from business, Salesforce, soft skills, and tech. Over 1.8 million learners are presently skilling up and collecting much-needed credentials from Trailhead. In turn, they are exploring new career opportunities and making a connection with a diverse Trailblazer community.
Salesforce, which is the leading company in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), is bridging firms with customers in the digital era. It was initiated in 1999 and helps every type of company and industry to optimize new technology tools viz. cloud, internet of things, mobile, social, artificial intelligence, voice and blockchain to form a 360-degree view of their customers.
More from Jaspreet Kaur
- July 11, 20173 Min Read
- January 10, 20183 Min Read
- January 17, 20183 Min Read
- January 18, 20183 Min Read
- January 20, 20183 Min Read
- January 22, 20183 Min Read
- January 23, 20183 Min Read
- January 24, 20183 Min Read
- January 29, 20183 Min Read
- February 05, 20183 Min Read
- February 06, 20183 Min Read
- February 09, 20183 Min Read
Recommended for you
- September 30, 2021
- September 07, 2021
- September 10, 2021